Key road, tunnel projects put into use
The widened National Highway 1A section passing through Khanh Hoa Province was opened to traffic last Friday after nearly two years of construction, reducing travel time between Khanh Hoa Province and neighboring areas.
Ca Pass tunnel project
The VND9.9 trillion (US$442 million) project was implemented under the build-operate-transfer (BOT) format and funded by the proceeds from Government bond sales.
The expanded 142-kilometer section of National Highway 1A connects Phu Yen and Ninh Thuan provinces. Vehicles are allowed to travel at a maximum speed of 80 kilometers per hour on the six-lane road.
Also in Khanh Hoa Province, Co Ma tunnel, which is part of the tunnels under the Ca Pass, was opened to traffic over the weekend.
The Co Ma tunnel and road project starts from Dai Lanh Commune and ends at Van Tho Commune in Khanh Hoa’s Van Ninh District. Costing VND784 billion (US$35 million), the project comprises two parallel tunnels with each measuring 500 meters in length and two 9.75-meter-wide lanes for vehicles to travel at 80 kilometers an hour.
The ministry said 55% of construction work at Ca Pass tunnel, the longest of the Ca Pass Tunnel project with a total length of 4.1 kilometers, is complete and will be opened to traffic in September next year.
The ministry held a groundbreaking ceremony for Cu Mong tunnel in Quy Nhon City, Binh Dinh Province over the weekend. The 2.6-kilometer tunnel is designed to link Binh Dinh and Phu Yen provinces.
The tunnel is being carried out under the BOT and BT (build-transfer) formats at a total cost of VND3.9 trillion (US$174 million).
Two parallel tunnels, which are 30 meters apart, will be built in the first phase of the two-phase project.
Cu Mong Pass is a notorious area for traffic accidents and is the only pass on National Highway 1A without a tunnel in operation.
Co Ma, Ca and Cu Mong tunnels are the three components of Ca Pass Tunnel project worth VND15.6 trillion (US$694 million). The project is expected to help reduce traffic accidents and facilitate vehicular traffic on the national highway.
By Anh Quan
- Tunnel cuts travel time through Deo Ca Pass to ten minutes 22/12/2017
- Ca Pass Tunnel opened to traffic 22/12/2017
- Cả Pass tunnel road opened to traffic 22/12/2017
- Hầm Đèo Cả phá thế ‘ốc đảo’ của Phú Yên 11/09/2017
- Mekong Delta to accelerate transport infrastructure development 12/08/2016
- Investors interested in railway projects 12/08/2016
- Transport Ministry strives to lure investment in infrastructure development 12/08/2016
- Unlocking Capital Flows for Transport Infrastructure 12/08/2016
- VND5.9 trillion for Hai Van tunnel expansion project 12/08/2016
- Technical clearing at Co Ma Tunnel, groundbreaking Cu Mong tunnel 12/08/2016