Investors interested in railway projects
Numerous big investors have shown their interest in joining national railway projects, Vu Ta Tung, General Director of Vietnam Railways (VNR) was quoted as saying by Giao Thong (Transport) newspaper.
Among them are the Railway Trade and Transportation Company (Ratraco) and the Railway Logistics Company (ITL) who have demonstrated interest in the project on upgrading the goods depot for the Yen Vien station in Hanoi.
ITL Director Bui Quang Lien expressed the company’s interest in investing in building a logistics centre for the Yen Vien station, saying the ITL has submitted a proposal to the VNR and is awaiting approval.
He also stressed the need for the application of technology in railway transportation to improve services and ease the freight-load on road transport.
Meanwhile, General Director of the Deo Ca Investment Joint Stock Company Ho Minh Hoang said his company targets to invest in several railway projects, including the Hanoi-Hai Phong railway or the Yen Vien-Pha Lai-Ha Long-Cai Lan railway.
He also suggested the private-public partnership (PPP) model be applied in implementing projects on infrastructure and public services which require substantial investment with delayed returns.
The Ministry of Transport has approved the project proposal on inviting social resources for upgrades to 12 railways and the construction of five new ones.
The projects will be initiated under the build-operate-transfer (BOT) or PPP investment form.
- Businessman Ho Minh Hoang: The start of a legend 12/05/2018
- Tunnel cuts travel time through Deo Ca Pass to ten minutes 22/12/2017
- Ca Pass Tunnel opened to traffic 22/12/2017
- Hầm Đèo Cả phá thế ‘ốc đảo’ của Phú Yên 11/09/2017
- Mekong Delta to accelerate transport infrastructure development 12/08/2016
- Transport Ministry strives to lure investment in infrastructure development 12/08/2016
- Unlocking Capital Flows for Transport Infrastructure 12/08/2016
- Key road, tunnel projects put into use 12/08/2016
- “Enterprise year 2016” and the aspiration for the province’s development impetus 12/08/2016