Cả Pass tunnel road opened to traffic
Cả Pass tunnel road, Việt Nam’s most modern tunnel route, was opened to traffic on Monday morning, reducing travel time from one hour to 10 minutes.
Cả Pass tunnel reduces travel time through the pass by 50 minutes. — VNA/VNS Photo Thế Lập
The tunnel linking Phú Yên Province’s Hào Sơn Commune to Khánh Hòa Province’s Cổ Mã Commune stretches over 13km, including two bi-tube tunnels – Cả Pass tunnel (4.1km in length) and Cổ Mã tunnel (500m).
Each tunnel has two sides, each of which has two lanes for vehicles travelling in the same direction at the speed of 80km per hour.
This is the first tunnel road project under Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) using domestic funds of over VNĐ11 trillion (US$478.2 million) invested by Vietnamese investors and contractors.
The tunnel is expected to solve traffic congestion, enhance traffic safety through Cả Pass and help connect the two provinces to boost socio-economic development.
Service fee for the tunnel is lower than the fee of the 22km winding road of Cả Pass. Emergency service is available round-the-clock to support drivers.
According to the Đèo Cả Investment Joint Stock Company – the project’s investor, toll fee on the route will be collected from September 3 onwards. — VNS.
- Businessman Ho Minh Hoang: The start of a legend 12/05/2018
- Tunnel cuts travel time through Deo Ca Pass to ten minutes 22/12/2017
- Ca Pass Tunnel opened to traffic 22/12/2017
- Hầm Đèo Cả phá thế ‘ốc đảo’ của Phú Yên 11/09/2017
- Transport Ministry strives to lure investment in infrastructure development 12/08/2016
- VND5.9 trillion for Hai Van tunnel expansion project 12/08/2016
- Technical clearing at Co Ma Tunnel, groundbreaking Cu Mong tunnel 12/08/2016
- Key road, tunnel projects put into use 12/08/2016
- “Enterprise year 2016” and the aspiration for the province’s development impetus 12/08/2016
- Ca Pass Tunnel opens to traffic 12/08/2016