Ca Pass tunnel opened to traffic
The Ministry of Transportation, in association with Phu Yen provincial People’s Committee, unchoked the Ca Pass Tunnel project on July 31. The tunnel system connect Phu Yen and Khanh Hoa provinces.
As one of the country’s key infrastructure projects, the tunnel construction started in September 2014. It includestwo parallel tunnels, each of which is 4,125m in length and 9.8m in diameter. The subprojecthas been completed two months ahead of the schedule.
Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung (C) unchoking the Ca Pass Tunnel project.
Addressing the inauguration ceremony, Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung congratulated and hailed Deo Ca Investment Joint Stock Company and contractors for their efforts to clear the tunnels off, which will allow the tunnel system to be complete and put into operation in July next year.
The VND 12 trillion tunnel system is expected to reduce travel time on the Ca Pass by 80 percent, contributing to reducing accidents and traffic congestion.
Previously, the Co Ma tunnel, part of the Ca Pass tunnel project, was opened to traffic in late September 2015.
Translated by Hong Anh
- Businessman Ho Minh Hoang: The start of a legend 12/05/2018
- Tunnel cuts travel time through Deo Ca Pass to ten minutes 22/12/2017
- Ca Pass Tunnel opened to traffic 22/12/2017
- Cả Pass tunnel road opened to traffic 22/12/2017
- Hầm Đèo Cả phá thế ‘ốc đảo’ của Phú Yên 11/09/2017
- Transport Ministry strives to lure investment in infrastructure development 12/08/2016
- VND5.9 trillion for Hai Van tunnel expansion project 12/08/2016
- Technical clearing at Co Ma Tunnel, groundbreaking Cu Mong tunnel 12/08/2016
- Key road, tunnel projects put into use 12/08/2016
- “Enterprise year 2016” and the aspiration for the province’s development impetus 12/08/2016